Monday, September 14, 2009

Yummy Spinach Salad

This salad is GREAT and it looks PRETTY!


Baby Spinach leaves and assorted fruit (fresh or thawed frozen). I used thawed blueberries and mango and fresh strawberries. Peaches and pineapple are also really yummy choices. You also toast a few nuts (walnuts or pecans) with a sprinkling of sugar and a few drops of water. Add dressing:
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. raspberry vinegar (I have trouble finding this here so I use red wine vinegar)
mix until sugar is dissolved
1/2 c olive oil
1 Tbs poppy seed
1 Tbs sesame seed
(cost saving tip) check out the Hispanic food aisle of your grocery store for bags of spices. They often have sesame seeds and other spices with about 2-3 times the volume for about 1/3 the cost of the spice aisle!
I'll post the rest of this pretty dinner when I can find all the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment