Monday, November 30, 2009

Banana Cake with Caramelized Banana Topping

Somehow I ended up with a whole BUNCH of bananas going bad in my kitchen so I decided to make some banana bread.

But, right before I was going to start, I saw this recipe in a magazine!

First, cut bananas to the length of your loaf pan and then in half.
Heat sugar and water in a skillet
Cook bananas cut side down for a few minutes, transfer to loaf pan, top with extra caramel mixture
Mash some more bananas
Add sugar
Mix. Add vanilla and eggs
Get a little help
Stir
This is sometime after adding the flour and cinnamon
Pour into loaf pan
See those yummy caramelized bananas on the bottom?
Put in oven to bake. Start dishes (with help of course)

Let cool
Flip onto serving plate
YUMMY!

Now, I'm a die-hard for my mom's mini-chocolate chip banana bread. But, this was VERY good. Moist, sweet (but not TOO sweet) and just YUMMY. More like cake than bread.

Definitely a repeater!

1 comment: