Monday, April 13, 2009

Fun in the Sun

Well, Easter pictures are just going to have to wait. There are too many and I have to figure out what to do with them. Maybe tomorrow!

But, I wanted to share with you our fun of the day.

In the last post I remarked that I was going to have to be more sneaky in hiding J's toys. Well, that turned out to be true today too! I had also purchased this toy but decided not to include it in J's Easter gift because I thought I'd just give it to him some day when we were going to get the pool out again. Well, without thinking, I had left it sitting on the guest bed along with a few other things that I have to put away. This morning J had been playing and came up to me signing "more" (which he does when he wants anything really, not just MORE). I couldn't figure out what he wanted "more" of so I asked him to show me. He started walking down the hallway toward the bedroom. He would stop, look over his shoulder to make sure I was following him, say "more" again and keep walking. When we got to the room he looked at me, said "more" and pointed to the toy on the bed. Silly guy! So, I had to give it to him! He was pretty entertained with the spinning wheels!
We also spent some time this morning playing with a lawn chair and an Easter duck that he got from a lady at church.
Then, sinc ehte day was SO perfect, we had to head outside. J helped daddy water the lawn.


Sorry this video is pretty long but I figured at least Grandma and Grandpa would want to see it..

Then, after getting totally soaked, we came inside for some good lunch. I got this great new book on the recommendation of my friend who I've already mentioned is full of great ideas. It has tons of great recipes and ways to make food (full of veggies even) appealing to kids. J loves veggies so I don't have to worry about that but, I was having trouble coming up with some new things to entice his palate. Today we made Bow-Tie Pasta with Peas and Ham. Except, I found out I didn't have peas so we used mixed veggies and I found out we didn't have ham so I used genoa salami! Oh well, it was good anyway! J had a good time eating it! Since he already didn't have clothes on it REALLY didn't matter how messy he got!



Then, after a good long nap it was time to head outside again for some more water play.






J was wearning plenty of sunscreen and was just fine but, mommy is going to remember to lather herself up next time! I got a nice rosy glow today! Whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment