Monday, August 24, 2009

Yummy Stir Fry

I have more to post about our travels but...

I made this for dinner tonight and HAD to share.

If you like Chinese food or stir fry this is really good.
Sometimes I think sauces in recipes like this can be really strong and overpowering. This was not. It was light but tasty and GOOD! Jaden loved it too! He had already eaten dinner at Grandma H's house but he ate a whole plateful and kept asking for more! Meat AND veggies! Usually he's more a veggie guy!

Sorry I don't have any pictures to post of the goodness. Our camera is on the fritz again. I think we're buying a new one THIS WEEK (maybe tomorrow!)

The sauce
5 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons soy sauce

Directions: In a bowl, stir together olive oil, onions, tomatoes, ginger root, and garlic. Season with sugar, salt, and soy sauce

The directions on the Allrecipies website don't tell you what else to do but....I put the sauce in a skillet over med-high heat for about 5 minutes. I added 3, 1-inch think pork loin chops cubed and cooked for probably about 6 minutes - until they were browned all around. Then I added 1 bag frozen stir fry vegetables and cooked according to package directions (about 8 minutes).

YUM!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment