Saturday, July 11, 2009

Spicy Gazpacho and Green Enchilada Suiza Mexican Lasagna

So, I (as often as I get around to it) participate in a monthly blog challenge to try new recipies. There is a theme for each month. This summer throughout June July and August the challenges are 1) ice cream, 2) cold soup, 3) something to do with grilling - - - I think a new kind of burger. So far, I'm only on one...but hopefully we'll make it the rest of the way before the end of August.



I've always been interested in trying Gazpacho (chilled tomato soup) but pretty skeptical because I'm not really a tomato fan. Okay, but, SERIOUSLY, this Gazpacho could NOT be any easier. And, even though I was skeptical, I was impressed. And, I was told BY A CHEF that this was REALLY GOOD Gazpacho! Bonus!


Ingredients:

2 med tomatoes chopped
1 small cucumber chopped
1 small onion chopped
½ green pepper chopped
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 Tbs wine vinegar
1-2 dashes red pepper sauce
¼ tsp salt
24 oz spicy hot vegetable juice chilled

Mix ingredients, cover, refrigerate



Don't forget the crucial step of entertaining the munchkin (these are new to our refrigerator!)


Served with Mango Margarita Slush


And Green Enchilada Suiza Mexican Lasagna (good, but not as good as the green chicken enchiladas I made here, so I won't be repeating this one)


Of course, these challenges usually get shared because, who wants to eat the same thing for days and days and days in a row. Plus, I lost a bet to Chris and Erin about 3 months ago and owed them dinner. Our next bet is the American League vs. the National League on the 15th. I hope I win!

No comments:

Post a Comment