Sunday, July 12, 2009

Long Lost Cousin

Well...not really...but we did figure out that it had been 14 years since we had seen each other. For me and cousins....that's LONG time!

My cousin Becky and her husband Nate are moving westward and happened to be driving through our town. We got to have some dinner together and meet each other's kiddos (her two older girls were staying with their grandma and grandpa until they get settled in their new home).

You'd think not having seen each other for 14 years would kinda make you strangers. But, I think that's one of the joys of family - no matter how long it's been it's still a JOY to be together. I just wish they could have been here longer. I guess we both know what it's like to live FAR from family so, just seeing a familiar face and having the bond of family love is comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment