Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Little Apple - Art Project


I got this idea from a Montessori preschool teacher's blog.

I set out strips of red construction paper, a small bowl with glue, a small paintbrush, and a white paper plate.

The first step was to tear the red paper strips into little pieces. (This was Jaden's favorite part!)
Then you paint a little glue onto the piece of red paper.


and stick it on the plate!
This activity did last awhile but, we didn't get around to finishing! The plate only got about 1/5 full of red and Jaden lost interest when it came to gluing on a stem and leaf.
But, I still rate this activity a hit.

I'm discovering Jaden really likes art projects - but he does NOT like to get messy. He didn't like that sometimes he would get glue on his fingers if after painting it on the red paper. I showed him how to paint the glue onto the plate and put the red pieces down - but he wasn't too big of a fan of that either. I didn't want to just give him the whole bottle of glue beca
use I still remember glue lakes from MY days in Elementary school! The Montessori blog I got this idea from recommends these tap-and-glue bottle tops. I'm going to check into getting something like that.

Materials Needed:
- strips of red construction paper
- glue
- paper plate
- green leaf and brown stem from construction paper to finish
- a method of getting the glue onto the paper (bottle or brush and bowl)

Followed by an apple for a snack!

1 comment:

  1. Creative idea. Cute little guy. Carmel only thing missing :-).

    ReplyDelete