Thursday, November 29, 2007

Upheaval

Our house is looking more and MORE like there is a baby coming to live here soon. While we still have a long ways to go, at least we're making progress. Of course, when I went to the Dr. this week she was telling me how when she had her first child her mom said "Relax, everything that you're doing to prepare a room just perfectly for the baby, etc. is for YOU, not really for the baby. A baby needs food and their diaper changed, and lots of love. But, a baby can sleep in a dresser drawer, it doesn't NEED the perfectly decorated room. That's for YOU!" Well, we're working on making a cute room and a more organized house - but at least that helps me keep things in perspective!

Last weekend Stephen's dad came over and helped Stephen move the guest bed into the office and set up the baby's crib! I like seeing it in the room when I walk by. I guess it just makes it seem more and more real that before too long the little guy will be here! Of course, the rest of the house is a bit of a disaster still while we sort out where to put everything but, we're learning a lot about what we really need and use versus what we just have around but don't really need!


Actually, I think Grandpa's enjoying getting in on the preparations!!

We got this crib from Stephen's sister Teri and family. I'm pretty sure all 3 of their girls used it. We still need a mattress - but, we have the crib!



As we make more progress on the room (and other things in life) I'll try to keep you posted!

1 comment: