Thursday, September 20, 2007

A New Recipie - A New Adventure

I was asked to make a main dish for a party at the office. Let me tell you - that is a little intimidating. I don't know how to make a lot of things that I think will really suit Mexican-American taste buds and I KNEW I didn't have any recipies that I already knew were good. But, I decided to be brave and make an attempt at Albondigas (Mexican Meatballs). I found a great recipie on http://www.allrecipies.com/ (since I don't really want to step on their toes as far as copyrights so - I'll just give you the link to the actual recipie - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mexican-Style-Meatballs/Detail.aspx ) Pretty soon it will be MY photo that you see since no one had submitted a photo yet!

Here is the process.
For a girl that never used to even be ABLE to touch raw meat - mixing everything together with your hands and forming the meatballs was a bit of a stretch. But, I must be getting more adventurous because it wasn't even gross!
I doubled the recipie so I think there were something like 126 meatballs!

Some meatballs with Mexican Rice. I would suggest making them with plain white rice because the meatballs have PLENTY of flavor on their own!







1 comment: