Monday, September 20, 2010

Platanos Asados - Grilled Bananas

So, by request, here are the simple steps to yummy Grilled Bananas.

These could also be done on a campfire. I'm thinking they would make a super yummy camping treat!

- Place bananas in peel onto grill.
(I did mine over medium heat)
- Grill for about 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
(I'm not too sure how long they were on total. I think about 12 minutes.)
- When they are blackened and soft take bananas off of the grill.
(I had some trouble judging on this one but 2 of my 3 spilt open so I knew they were done. They look kind of scary but they have to be blackened to be soft enough)
- Split the peels open top to bottom
(Like I said, some of mine were already split)
- Smoosh the ends together to open the split kind of like you would a baked potato.
- Spoon sweet and condensed milk on top.
(I used approximately 1 Tbs for each banana)
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.

Best eaten with spoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment