So, we've been in CA for about a week and Jaden has had a lot of firsts....
1st time in California
1st time meeting Randy
1st Farmer's Market
1st time meeting kittens
1st time playing in the grass
1st time attending an outdoor wedding
1st time (and 2nd) seeing fireworks
1st time at the beach
1st time in the sand (not in the water yet though! - TOO COLD!!!
We have had a lot of fun already and there were way too many cute pictures to limit so I made a little slideshow. Jaden is getting more and more expressive and picking a favorite picture was tough cause his silly faces have me smiling!
One thing that needs a little explaining is the wedding that we went too. Randy (who we were visiting) was the reader in a wedding. The family had met us before and has been to the mission before and since we were Randy's guests, wanted us to attend the rehearsal dinner and wedding with him. The family is so nice, sweet, friendly, and down to earth it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to believe the kind of house they live in! You'll see from the pictures some of the unbelievable things about it
- 10,000 square feet - I think most of our house fits in their kitchen! and when we looked at the 1st level we though it was huge and later realized there were another 3 rooms that we hadn't seen!
- a HUGE patio complete with fireplace, rotissire big enough to grill an entire pig, and an outdoor kitchen with a grill approximatley the size of a bathtub!
- amazing pool and hot tub complete with mini waterslide and rocky backdrop full of waterfalls
- birdbath, nature trail, flower gardens
- their OWN lake...no, not a lake that they live on with other people - the WHOLE LAKE is theirs including a walking path all the way around, the beach, the dock, and the little island in the middle
anyway...you get the idea...the place is huge and gorgeous.
At the wedding we heard a rumor that the wine served was about $100 a bottle wine and, after the bride and groom's first dance there was a specatcular fireworks show at least half of the one the city put on the night before!
Enjoy the photos - and check out Jaden's travel log for his updated mileage!