Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dinner Success

Sorry, no pictures for this one - I was on my way out the door. But, I HAD to share
because it was EASY, DELICIOUS, and HEALTHY! Can you believe it!?!?!?

- Easy Italian Chicken (Recipe from "Fix it and Forget It")

Place 4 frozen chicken breasts in slow cooker.
Sprinkle 1 packet Italian dressing seasonings on top.
Pour in 2 cups warm water with 2 teaspoons Knorr Chicken Bouillon dissolved.
Cook on low 8 hours.

I was so surprised how tasty this chicken was. It is rare you can find a chicken dish where the flavor is all the way through the meat.
This had it. It was the sort of slow cooker chicken texture - but it was good.

-Black Bean, Corn, Tomato Salad (Recipe from "The Spectrum")
1 can black beans, drained
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp ground cumin
juice of 3 limes
zest of 1 lime
Mix all ingredients and chill.

This had such a yummy flavor and was so fresh. I thought it was going to be good when I saw the recipe and it exceeded my expectations.

- Savory Simple White Rice
Boil 2 c. water with 2 tsp. Knorr Chicken Bouillon dissolved
Add 1 c. white long grain rice.
Cover. Reduce heat.
Simmer 20 minutes

Basic but with a little flavor.

YUMMY!!!!!

1 comment: