Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Trip

Well, the 2nd trip to Albuquerque was great. Jaden did great in the car again and was only upset the last hour on the return trip - not too bad of a traveler!!! The mariachi did a GREAT job at their concert on Saturday and at church on Sunday. For me it really is a very different experience sitting on the sidelines and hearing them play rather than being in the middle of it. I have to hold myself back from belting out the choruses on songs because I figure the people sitting around me probably want to hear the whole group sound, not just me in their ear!


While I was sitting in the car feeding Jaden while everyone else was setting up and getting ready for the concert I was talking to my mom on the phone. She asked, "Do you miss it?" I said, "no, not really" but I'm not sure that is entirely accurate. I don't miss loading and unloading the van and being one of the ones in charge trying to get everything ready. I enjoy getting to help out as much as I am able depending on Jaden's mood and if he needs to eat at the time. I get to be there - if not I think I would miss it TONS! I miss playing a little bit and I miss singing "Hacia la Cruz" the MOST! We'll see. Maybe I'll figure out how to work my way back into playing!


Anyway, here are some pictures for you!


It was a beautiful, sunny, not too hot day for the concert


Here is even a little video of one of our most popular songs! Vamos a Alabar al Rey (Let's All Praise the King) I happen to really like the singer! And look - they are all even DANCING!


And here's one of Jaden dancing with Grandpa H!



Jaden REALLY enjoys putting his fists in his mouth. He can't get too many other things into it yet but he really loves trying. He has been very successful at getting blankets and other fabrics in though. I wonder if he'll get some kind of fuzzball! This picture is an example of how Jaden tells me that he is DONE burping and ready for more FOOD!


Jaden loves his Grandpa recliner!

On the way home we had to take a break about 45 minutes before getting home because Jaden just was NOT happy in his car seat. Here is the "little man" taking a stretch with his tie on and everything! ;-)


Jaden is getting much better at tummy time but he was particularily smiley this day on mommy's lap, getting tickled. Maybe he was having fun and maybe he was just happy to NOT be strapped into the car!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, his face on that picture where you just took him out of the car is hilarious. It looks like he's saying "Yeah, they finally figured out what I wanted!" or "Geez, how much of this do they think I can put up with?" or something. :-)

    He looks so LONGGGG!!

    Is that Lizette playing with the mariachi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey chica!

    I LOVE the mariachi video! the singer sounds fantastic!! really, he does. i do love the everyone is dancing. it just adds to the music, i guess.

    Thanks for the updated pictures of Jaden. He's such an amazing little boy! I love his expressions. He does seems to enjoy his time with mommy!

    I suppose I could google your mariachi band, but do you have a link to purchase the cd's? I know my mom loves the first cd that came out. I think she's due for a new one. :)

    On a side note, Happy Early Mother's Day to you. :)

    -elisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day!! Jaden is getting so cute, and it was great to see Dad doing his classic "dancing with baby" steps.

    ReplyDelete