Friday, October 26, 2007

Barely Home

We got back from NY on Monday and on Wednesday flew to MN for Lanae’s (Krysia’s cousin) wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and was LOTS of fun to see all of my family!
Us with my parents - also some of my favorite people!


A few of my cousins - more of my favorite people!


My Grandma & Grandpa - more of my favorite people! (I'm allowed to have lots of favorites!)




We were able to stay in MN for almost a week after the wedding and even though we spent some time doing homework and little time doing work – we were mostly able to relax and enjoy spending some time with my parents. We even celebrated my dad’s birthday for about 3 days!


We took a train ride on the Minnesota Zephyr and ate WAY too much food!


The Zephyr is a little old and had a few leaks in the rain so Mom had to sit with her bucket to catch the water! She didn't get any champagne - but she did get a free glass. Oh, and Stephen, Mom, and Dad all got free drinks for the bother!



We also went to a dinner / comedy show at the Channhassen.


And, we got to spend some extra time with the Scherschlight’s and Sargents. FUN FUN FUN!!!

Since we’ve been traveling so much and we have quite a bit to go in the next month, I decided that I’m going to start a log of all of Baby Heimer’s miles (flying and driving) before birth and see how far he gets! So far here is the list. So far everything is roundtrip.

Flying: TTD (total to date): 8862 miles
ElP to MN for Grandpa Kludt’s funeral: 2466 miles
ElP to NY for Naomi’s wedding: 3930 miles
ElP to MN for Lanae’s wedding: 2466 miles

Driving: TTD (total to date): 2663 miles
From MN to Huron, SD for Grandpa Kludt’s funeral: 576 miles
ElP to Colorado Springs, CO for Doug Mauss’s wedding: 1464 miles
From MN to Mitchell, SD for Lanae’s wedding: 623 miles